Ways to Recycle Boiled Potatoes and Stale Bread Left-over
Here's one good dish for the whole family. Chef Silvia Colloca stated how she likes to prepare this recipe especially when she has boiled potatoes and stale bread left over. You can also prepare it whenever you like.
Ingredients of Chicken Bake
- 2 handfuls of chunks of rustic bread
- 3 potatoes, parboiled and peeled
- 4 chicken marylands or 8 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, bashed with the back of aknife
- 5-6 peeled tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 5-6 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- a handful of dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1 onion, cut up into chunks
- 1 handful of caper berries
Chicken Bake Preparation
Pre-heat your oven to 200 c (390 F)
Line an oven dish tray with baking paper and scatter chunks of stale bread and boiled potatoes, the chicken a few, bashed, garlic cloves and peeled fresh tomatoes*.
Cut up an onion and place the slices over the chicken meat to protect it from drying in the oven.
Season with salt, pepper, and dried oregano. Add a good splash of white wine and a drizzle of extra-virgin.
Cover with foil and place in the oven. After 25 minutes, remove the foil, add a couple of handfuls of caper berries and allow for the potatoes to crisp up.
Photo and content: https://silviascucina.net/2011/05/29/infornata-di-pollo-chicken-bake/