- 105g (1/2 cup) French green lentils
- 2 (about 480g each) lamb racks, French trimmed
- 400g sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 300g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 85g (1/2 cup) pitted Sicilian olives
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Rinse lentils. Cook lentils in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Place in a large bowl.
- Step 2
Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray lamb with olive oil. Season. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes, until browned. Transfer to the prepared tray. Roast for 12-14 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover loosely with foil. Leave for 10 minutes to rest. Halve racks.
- Step 3
Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue grill on medium. Combine potato, onion and 2 tbs oil in a large bowl. Season. Combine mushroom and 1 tbs oil in a bowl. Season. Cook the potato mixture, turning, for 6 minutes. Add the mushroom and cook for a further 6 minutes or until charred and tender. Add to lentils in bowl.
- Step 4
For the chimichurri, process olives, parsley, coriander, oregano, garlic and chilli until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the oil and vinegar in a steady stream until smooth and combined. Season.
- Step 5
Add vinegar, 1/3 cup chimichurri and remaining 1 tbs oil to lentil mixture. Gently toss to combine. Divide among plates. Serve with lamb and remaining chimichurri.