Love your Body - Eat Healthy!
In moments you want to take a break from eating meat, fish and vegetables are the best to prepare. Healthy for your heart - here's a simple meal of salmon and veggies.
- 1 bunch baby beetroot, trimmed, quartered
- 500g kumara, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus extra to scatter
- 1 orange, juiced, zest finely grated
- 4 x 180g salmon fillets (skin on), pin-boned
- 1/2 bunch kale, trimmed
- 300g Brussels sprouts halved
- Thick Greek-style yogurt, to serve
- Chia seeds, to serve
How to Prepare Roasted Salmon and Veggies Superfood
Preheat oven to 200C. Place beetroot and kumara on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper and salt. Roast for 15 minutes or until slightly tender.
Combine orange zest and juice, and 1 tbs oil in a bowl, season then add salmon and turn to coat. Line another tray with baking paper and spread over kale leaves.
Drizzle with 1 tbs oil, then top with salmon and drizzle over marinade. Toss sprouts with remaining 1 tbs oil, and remaining 1/4 tsp cayenne. Season with salt, then add to beetroot tray.